CN Brown Electricity, LLC.
Terms and Conditions
1. Rate: Your electricity rate will be the rate confirmed by you through your enrollment submission, and can be found in your confirmation email (or regular USPS mail if explicitly requested) from CN Brown Electricity, LLC.
2. Term: Your electricity rate will be fixed for the term confirmed to you through your enrollment submission, and can be found in your confirmation email (or regular USPS mail if explicitly requested). Your term shall begin from the first meter read date of service under CN Brown Electricity, LLC. At the end of your contract term, you will be automatically renewed at a new rate to be determined by CN Brown Electricity, LLC.
Please note that change of service for electricity accounts takes place on your designated meter read date, as set by your host utility. Therefore, your service will be terminated or commenced by Supplier on each designated meter read day, which occur once a month. As such you should allow for one to two invoice periods to pass before a change will be shown on your electricity bill.
3. Right of Rescission: You may rescind your selection of CN Brown Electricity, LLC as your competitive electricity provider as provided in these Terms of Service.
As ordered by the Maine Public Utilities Commission, you may rescind this offer of electricity supply as described in this paragraph. Your rescission shall be effective if received by C.N. Brown Electricity, LLC no later than eight (8) calendar days after the C.N. Brown Electricity, LLC deposits the Terms of Service document in the U.S. mail system for first class delivery to the customer or no later than five (5) calendar days after C.N. Brown Electricity, LLC delivers the document personally to the customer or sends the document by electronic means to a customer who has agreed to receive the disclosures from the provider by electronic means.
Customer rescissions received via electronic communication MUST do so utilizing the instructions provided by C.N. Brown Electricity available on the website. Customers may rescind over the phone by calling 1-800-296-2721, via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing addressed to C. N. Brown Electricity, LLC P.O. Box 200 South Paris, ME 04281.
4. Cost Recovery Fee: $100
In the event that Customer does not fulfill the entirety of their contract obligation to CN Brown Electricity, LLC, Customer agrees to pay CN Brown Electricity, LLC ”Cost Recovery Fee” of $100 to offset the cost of any unused power purchased by CN Brown Electricity, LLC for the purposes of serving Customer’s accounts. This fee shall be charged per account.
5. Billing: Your account will be billed through your utility company, on your regularly scheduled monthly invoice. Your utility company is either Central Maine Power Co. or Emera Maine and can be found on your utility bill or in your confirmation.
If Customer has any questions or concerns about any details of your electric service, other than the electricity rate charged by CN Brown Electricity, LLC, Customer should call their host utility company for assistance. Customer should also refer to their host utility in the event of a maintenance issue, power outage or general service question.
6. Termination: Customer may terminate this Agreement via written notice to CN Brown Electricity, LLC within thirty (30) days of contract expiration. If Customer does not notify Supplier of a desire to terminate within thirty (30) days prior to contract expiration, Supplier has the right to renew Customer for a subsequent contract term under Section 8 Renewal below.
CN Brown Electricity, LLC reserves the right to terminate Customer account(s) for non- or partial payment of electricity account(s) that exceed thirty (30) days past due. In the event that Customer’s account is terminated by Supplier for failure to make prompt and full payment, Customer will be liable to Supplier for amounts owed as well the $100 ”Cost Recovery Fee” described in Section 4.
7. Unpaid Balances and Late Payments: Late Payments and Charges associated therewith shall be decided in accordance with the terms and conditions set by Customer’s host utility company, as the billing agent for CN Brown Electricity, LLC.
Customers on fixed priced programs with CN Brown Electricity, LLC that have more than one late payment recorded in a twelve (12) month period may be subject to a $0.003 rate increase for the duration of their contract, to be implemented at the discretion of CN Brown Electricity, LLC.
Any unpaid balances shall be reported to a collections agency if such balances are not satisfied within ninety (90) days of invoice.
8. Renewal: CN Brown Electricity, LLC has the right to renew Customer for an additional term at the Rate indicated in the renewal notice that will be provided at least 30 days prior to expiration of the current contract term. CN Brown Electricity, LLC may opt to switch Customer to an alternative program depending upon market conditions at the time of renewal, this will be identified in the renewal notice.
If Customer wishes to terminate their relationship with CN Brown Electricity, LLC’s at the expiration of their contract, or not renew please see Section 6, Termination.
9. Information Release Authorization: Customer hereby authorizes CN Brown Electricity, LLC to review any and all information relating to Customer’s electricity account with their host utility company. This includes, but is not limited to, customer usage history, payment history, load profile, credit history, credit score, and any other account information that Supplier deems pertinent for service.
10. Refusal of service: Supplier reserves the right to refuse service for any Customers with outstanding or unpaid balances with the host utility company beyond thirty (30) days. Supplier may refuse service to any Customer that has had more than two late payments to the host utility company over the previous twelve (12) months.
11. Change in Law or Regulation: If a new Law or Regulation shall be enacted, or there shall occur any revisions in, implementation of, or amendments to, any Law or Regulation that results in increased costs to Suppliers that would not have occurred but for such change in Law or Regulation, Suppliers shall have the right to increase the charges for electricity supply to Customer to reflect a one-hundred percent pass-through to Customer of such increased costs (including administration costs associated therewith) upon written notice from CN Brown Electricity, LLC to Customer. CN Brown Electricity, LLC shall reflect such increased costs on Customer’s invoice via an increase in the fixed/variable rate assessed on Customer’s monthly invoice.
12. Disclosure Label: Please find a copy of the CN Brown Electricity’s Disclosure Label online at www.CNBrownElectricity.com, if you do not have web access please contact CN Brown Electricity, LLC and request a hard copy via regular mail or a PDF version via electronic mail.
13. Do Not Call List: Information regarding the Do Not Call Registry, including instructions for sign up, maybe found at www.donotcall.gov
14. Assignment: CN Brown Electricity, LLC has the right to assign Customer contracts to a third party at their discretion. Customer, however, may not transfer or assign their rights or duties under this contract to anyone without the express written consent of CN Brown Electricity, LLC.
15. Supplier Notice to Customers and Supplier Affiliations: By providing an email address you are consenting to the use of email as an acceptable form of communication for notifications. Should you wish to receive information by mail, please contact our offices immediately. C.N. Brown will utilize the mailing or email address provided by Customer and is not liable for any undelivered supplier notices resulting from incorrect electronic or physical mailing addresses. Customers are encouraged to double check their enrollment forms to ensure that all information is input completely and accurately.
16. Maine Public Utilities Commission: If you would like to contact the MPUC and register a complaint or seek advice their contact information is below:
You can enter your complaint online by visiting the consumer complaint form.
For more immediate assistance regarding the termination of your utility service, call their Consumer Assistance Hotline at 1-800-452-4699, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Maine Public Utilities Commission
Consumer Assistance Division
18 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0018
17. Standard Offer Service: Standard Offer Service is the electricity supply provided to all consumers who do not have a choice, or do not choose a competitive electricity provider. The supplier of standard offer service is a competitive electricity provider licensed by the Maine Public Utilities Commission and is chosen through a competitive bidding process. If your service with CN Brown Electricity ends for any reason and you do not choose another licensed CEP then you will automatically be switched to Standard Offer Service on your next meter read date.